Sunday, February 19, 2012

Make your OWN headband holder

For my first blog entry I wanted to help you create your own Headband Holder. Its so simple and quick you won't believe it. I created this one using an old baby formula canister. You can also use an oatmeal canister or anything cylinder shape. All you need to get started is:

~ Mod Podge (Love this stuff)
~Paint Brush
~Formula or Oatmeal canister
~Scrapbook paper (I used 2 different ones)


So, first I ripped pieces of paper in all different shapes and sizes. Remember gals, it doesn't have to be perfect! :) 




 Next take your paintbrush and coat the can in mod podge. Apply liberally.




Next apply the pieces of paper in random order all over the canister. The funkier the better. Smooth out with your fingers so paper is flesh with canister.


Next trace bottom of canister with paper to cover the top with.






When finished applying pieces of paper, allow it to dry for 30 min. When 30 minutes is up, cover pieces of paper in mod podge until the canister is completely decoupaged.( It should look like this after its covered in mod podge.)




 After it was all dry, I found an old shabby chic candle holder that I've had stashed away under my bed. I though it'd be so cute to hot glue canister to. You can also add to an old candlestick holder, cake plate holder, or nothing at all. Its all up to you :)



 Voila! Isn't this so cute!! You can also use the top for your cute little clippies! The other plus is that its freed up a drawer in my bathroom. You can never go wrong with that! :) Happy Sunday and God Bless!




Rachel

3 comments:

  1. Love that!! I have plenty of formula cans!! I have been saving them...Thinking I would use them for something!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liked and shared to win your giveaway:) Thank you https://www.facebook.com/donaldnjessica.jones

    ReplyDelete